POSTED 9/9/14 7am Reaching out to offenders is one our many mission objectives, We have fought and protected young men/women who were being beaten, raped & who were left for dead in their cell, until a officer doing count noticed a lifeless body, We have fought the Klu Klux Klan in New Boston Texas on the Telford Unit, We have forced high ranking officials to retire or be charged with a misdemeanor or felony crime, we have put officers under investigation, probation, terminated, we have put wardens under investigation in 4 states, we have met with Senators,Representative’s , We talk on the radio on KPFT 90.1 in Houston Texas, the Pacifica Foundation, we have written articles about corruption, conspiracies, corrections, the three big C’s, we have had alot of success with the Office of Justice Programs, US Department of Justice, This organization’s sole mission objective is to secure the safety of offenders whether it be a minor, the elderly, the vulnerable, the weak, the disadvantaged to us all offenders are equally protected at all cost, we do not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, or any discriminatory language. We (Jimmy Ferguson, James blythe, former Internal Affairs of the former Texas Dept. of Corrections, Melody Ferguson (mother), Jimmy Appleman (father) made a promise when we first built this organization we would have the offenders safety,security, mental health & well being at the top of our list in advocacy policies. Seven years later we look back on this idea that I brought up in (Administrative Segregation for being a threat to the safety & security of officers & offenders & the institution) we looked at the inner core of hundreds of organizations, their rules, regulations, policies, at first this organization was very small, through the years we have made grave mistakes but have learned alot about corrections. Today we have a Board of Directors, staff and we have office divisions (homes) are being set up all over the State of Texas and the country, although, we are a young organization we have made a impact because we work hard, we are dedicated also because we have family inside the prisons not just in TDCJ but other states as well. We are funded by the public, generous donations, concerned citizens, families, friends of offenders, former officers, we do not get money from corporations we spend every dollars wisely it is recorded on our website for the world to see, we have nothing to hide, we are here to stay, we cannot be intimidated by any official & we do not ignore situations when it comes to someone life. We are becoming one of the country’s leading advocates for offenders, we offer free tools, hands on training, free organizational resources, networking opportunities unlike any organization in the country or even the world! we also have internship for individuals to start their training, we equip our staff with all our contacts, we meet with congress members, consultants to the federal government, judges, texas rangers , prison directors, wardens, lawyers, law students, organizational founders and so many other contact’s too many to mention here. We groom, mentor individuals & we place the value of “human life” at the top of our list, then innovation, action & the impact of being a leader & hard work it takes to be in a leadership position and above that working as a team with a team leader which rotates everyday, everyone becomes a leader in this organization, no one is left on the sidelines with NCOC, we bring together community leaders, our staff as a team to solve institutional problems. we have come a long way in seven years and will continue to assist the government in enforcing the Safe Prison initiative alongside with filing complaints disputing the accuracy of “Institutional Action Reports” filed with the United States Department of Justice and the federal funding the prison facilities are awarded for being in compliance with federal law. In closing this weekly letter you should take a look at our weekly status report on facebook, and do some research on institutional policy,and investigate the perpetrator, find the official employee roster in the prison your either interested in or have a problem with, filing complaints.is time consuming knowing what to say is the hardest, these 6 words will help you, as a investigator you are required to always be accurate, thorough, concise, you must also be so thorough not overlooking one key piece of evidence, which will be crucial to the district attorney or the internal affairs division, office of inspector general or the agency prosecuting the defendant. correcting mistakes takes time, time you and I do not have. ( We want your feedback )Respectfully Yours ,
Jimmy Ferguson II
- I am the Founder/Director of the National Corrections Oversight Coalition Reg’d with the Office of Justice Programs, United States Department of Justice, our administration files complaints on behalf of offenders confined in the corrections system in the United States, We have threatened numerous lawsuits against Directors of these institutions along with the,Wardens, Majors, Captains, Leutinentes, and others in the chain of command.
- We “DEMAND” resolution of the situation in a timely manner, we have a “(ZERO TOLERANCE)” policy towards abuse of anyone confined in a institution, especially “Youth Detention Facilities” We have had numerous officers/officials terminated, put on probation,criminally charged forced to retire or escorted off the facility. Our organization has filed numerous complaints to Attorney Generals, Inspector Generals Office, Internal Affairs Office, who assign investigators to investigate the allegations of our complaints of criminal activity,(Domestic National Security Threat Groups/Gang Activity), abuse, sexual assault, or any violation of administrative policy or institutional guidelines or local state or federal law.
- Furthermore, we contact Congress/Legislation, State & Federal Senators & Representatives who are the leaders in this country. As a consultant’s to the Local, State & Federal Govt. We encounter issues that are saddening & heartbreaking, If you have a loved one who is being abused please contact us “immediatly” I am also a journalist/producer at KPFT 90.1(free speech radio station) in Houston Texas,
- I regulary discuss corruption, corrections officers who are the predators who rape young offenders, and all sorts of matters pertaining to corrections,
- all issues that come across our desk’s will be investigated in a timely manner or within 24 Hrs if it is a “Life Endangerment, it will be processed immediately
- “PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE” to contact us, if you have any reason to believe your loved one is being abused, please know & understand this, we do not tolerate ignorance, fabrications of statements or falsification of a government record, we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who violate the law.
- We are Faster, Stronger, Harder & Powerful, we are here & we do not go away, nor can you intimidate us, you cannot bribe us with gifts or money to look away or ignore the situation
- We are securing the safety of peoples lives (human beings) we DO NOT deviate or circumvent our rules and regulations or policies. We have codes & principles we work and live by. In our weekly meetings that are “RESTRICTED & CONFIDENTIAL” we discuss issues of retribution (legally) & exposing corrupt, dirty officials or officers,
- We will break you down because we do not empathize or sympathize with these individuals, who blantantly violate the law or that person.
- It is by YOUR ignorance & stupidity that YOU have become a target, we will notify you that you are under investigation discuss you over the air or internet and place you on the “CORRECTIONS OFFICERS/EMPLOYEES WORST OFFENDERS LIST” We create files on these individuals & turn the Intelligence Information /criminal activity over to the appropriate authority in the presiding jurisdiction. The govt. records our Intelligence/Information as “HIGHLY VALUABLE” therefore being “Truthful & Honest” in the event we are subpeonae’d to court for deposition as a witness or for any reason the courts may need our assistance, always remember this we have government & media behind us, we do not start wars, we end them. So if you think you can trick us or beat us “think again,”” WE ARE WATCHING YOU”” !!!
Everyone who reads this,(that means “YOU” reading this) please take a objectionable look at what is going on around you, are you in jail, prison or have you been in jail or prison, have a loved one in jail or prison or are you in prison in marriage, we all have problems, it’s how you react & resolve your situation that only matters,you must become a winner, Being a winner is tough,but what does’nt kill you makes you stronger.You only become a loser when you quit or give up,winners are always part of the answer,the loser is always part of the problem, a winner has a program. the loser always has a excuse. the winner says let me do it for you, but the loser always says it’s not my job. the winner sees a answer in every problem, again the loser sees a problem in every answer. last but not least the winner says it may be difficult, but it is possible, the loser says it may be possible, but it is too difficult. PLEASE READ THIS AGAIN !!!
We have taken the hands of children (Victim)in prison who have been beaten, raped, ridiculed & believed in them and information they told us and created a strategy(transfer to a more secure location,institutional programs,mentors,contacting family,friends, contacting case workers) for resolution to prevent any further harm by the perpetrator, therefore making significant changes in their everyday life, then turn to the perpetrator who now has become the offender,
LET ME LET THE WORLD KNOW WHERE NCOC CAME FROM , IT CAME FROM A IDEA I HAD IN PRISON FOR A NARCOTICS CHARGE. SO, THERE IT IS THE FOUNDER IS RECOVERING DRUG ADDICT AND YOU CAN DO IT TOO, I HAVE COME A LONG WAY BABY!!!!!!!
An effective grievance program extends far beyond the staff of the grievance department. It involves an ongoing commitment by both staff and offenders at every facility to solve problems. The grievance program also provides a variety of supportive and protective functions by giving the offender an alternative to confrontation and an outlet for frustration and aggression. The program offers the offender a less formal alternative to litigation, thus saving taxpayers the cost of defending the agency in court. Grievances, when taken collectively, provide a wealth of insight into the daily operations of each unit that is helpful in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and offenders.
The current offender grievance process facilitates problem resolution at two distinct administrative levels. The first, commonly referred to as Step 1, allows the Warden to identify and resolve issues at the unit level. The second level, known as Step 2, affords an offender the opportunity to appeal the Warden’s decision. Step 2 grievances are sent off the unit to the Central Grievance Office in Huntsville, Texas for
review. Once the two-step process has been completed, the offender’s administrative remedies within TDCJ have been exhausted.
During Fiscal Year 2012 Texas offenders located in TDCJ units across the state filed a combined 216,258 Step 1 and Step 2 grievances, which represents an increase from the previous fiscal year. Approximately 26% of all Step 1 grievances were appealed to the second step, indicating that effective problem resolution is occurring at the unit level.
√ TDCJ policies and procedures
√ Actions of an employee or another offender
√ Harassment and/or retaliation for use of the
grievance procedure or access to courts
√ Loss or damage of pers
onal property by TDCJ
√ Basic care (things that TDCJ has control over)
x State or Federal Laws
x Parole decisions
x Time-served credit disputes
x Matters for which other formal appeal
x Any matter beyond the control of the Agency
Remedies which are available through the Grievance Procedures
√ Restitution of property, either monetary or
√ Change of policy, procedures, rule, or practice;
√ Corrections of records;
√ Other relief, as appropriate
Remedies which are not available through the Grievance Procedure
x Requests for disciplinary
action against employees.
x Requests for consequential or punitive damages
Reason – “According to the Los Angeles Times, 18 current and past members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department have been charged with abuse of inmates, misconduct, and obstructing an investigation. Here’s the U.S. attorney leading the case:
“The pattern of activity alleged in the obstruction of justice case shows how some members of the Sheriff’s Department considered themselves to be above the law. Instead of cooperating with the federal investigation to ensure that corrupt law enforcement officers would be brought to justice, the defendants in this case are accused of taking affirmative steps designed to ensure that light would not shine on illegal conduct that violated basic constitutional rights.”
So what sorts of things did the officers do? In one case, they arrested the husband of the Austrian consul who was visiting the jail and then, when the consul herself complained, they cuffed her for no legitimate reason. And there’s this:
One of the indictments details three separate incidents in which prosecutors alleged that a sheriff’s sergeant encouraged deputies he supervised at the visiting area of Men’s Central Jail to use excessive force and unlawful arrests of visitors.
Visitors were taken to a deputy break room, which could not be seen by the public, and beaten by sheriff’s officials, the indictment said. One visitor had his arm fractured…”
The Young Turks – “The government says 1 in 10 youths at juvenile detention facilities around the country reported having been sexually victimized by staff or by other youths.
The study by the Bureau of Justice Statistics found that among the more than 1,300 youths who reported victimization by adult staff, 9 out of 10 were male juvenile detainees reporting sexual activity with female staff members.”*
The Department of Justice has found that rape is running rampant through juvenile “justice” facilities, with the kids being victimized by the staff. What does this say about current hiring methods, and how can the sexual victimization be stopped?”
- Troubled Youth Prison Company Wins Even More Contracts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Georgia To Close Private Prison Where Youth Alleged Sexual Misconduct (huffingtonpost.com)
- Boys in Custody and the Women Who Abuse Them – ProPublica (propublica.org)
- Maryville case puts Missouri juvenile justice system under the microscope (kansascity.com)
- Noting the shame of prison rape in incarceration nation (sentencing.typepad.com)
- “Alone & Afraid: Children Held in Solitary Confinement & Isolation in Juvenile Detention & Correctional Facilities (childreninprison.wordpress.com)
- CFJC’s Roadmap to Juvenile Facility Reform (cfjcblog.com)
Any information concerning medical neglect/abuse on the Ellis, Estelle, Hughes Units, please contact:
Jimmy Ferguson –
email@example.com, we are also on Facebook, as well as myself, we are on Google,Twitter, WordPress.com & on http://www.nationalcorrectionsoc.wordepress.com & wwwnationalcorrectionsoversightcoalition.wordpress.com
KPFT 90.1 The Prison Show 419 Lovett Blvd Houston TX 77006
Call me 356.356.4148
We are targeting these two units due to the rise in deaths/rapes on these units.
http://theprisonshow.org (KPFT 90.1) WE DISCUSS A MAJORITY OF OUR CASES ON AIR, AND POST ON INTERNET AND WRITE AND SELF PUBLISH ARTICLES. OUR INFO WE RECIEVE MAINLY GOES VIRAL, WE TARGET THESE UNIT SDUE TO THE ABUSE AND WE LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT KNOW ABOUT THE MISCONDUCT, IN HOPES FUNDING WILL BE INTERRUPTED OR THE FEDERAL GOVT WILL ISSUE A MANDATE OR VISIT AND ASK QUESTIONS. OUR PRIORITY IS TO COLLECT INTELLIGENCE/INFO AND GIVE THE STATE TIME TO MAKE IT BETTER, ALTHOUGH THAT IS NOT MY IDEA, BUT PROCEDURE AND I MUST FOLLOW RULES, ADDITIONALLY WE BUILD FILES ON PERSONS & FOR THE CHIEF AGENTS IN THE SPECIAL LITIGATION SEC. Some investigation take months to years to investigate.
Embarrassing and high-profile mistakes going on in Texas prisons from a man in a wheel chair escaping and a man making death threats from a cell phone on death row, 11 news reporter Shern-Min Chow spoke with a man who spent years as a Warden and now he’s lobbying for prison reform.